briedannaland

A blog about working as a childrens book writer and illustrator.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

THE DREADED AUTHOR PHOTO!!

Oh dear, the day finally came when someone actually wanted an author photo! Last Monday I got an email from my publicist at Random House saying a newspaper in California wanted an author photo to go along with their review in an upcoming article. Needless to say I don't exactly have one. But it just so happens, my friend Jess is moving to London and we hooked up for one last hurrah in Providence, RI.

We got all dolled up and took loads of pictures, went out dancing, and had tons of fun. One of those snaps didn't look too hideous, so I sent it in. I gave Jess the photo credit, now she can include portrait photography on her resume, hehe. But now I guess I have to go get one done for real in case this comes up in the future. I don't want to look like a total dork, just a minor one. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home